Morning Oregonian. (Portland, Or.) 1861-1937, October 01, 1915, Image 6
OLD BURNS CAUSE DEATH
"VANCOUVER, Wash., Sept.30 -- (Special.) -- Rex Madsen, the 13-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Madsen, of 1100 West Thirteenth street,
died today at the home of relatives in Goldendale from burns he received about three weeks ago when he had gone into the basement of the family home, accidentally spilled some gasoline
on his clothing and ignited it with a match while groping about in the dark.
[Researcher Note: Although the newspaper announcement of death stated that Rex's body was to be returned to Vancouver, it evidently was decided to bury Rex in the Goldendale IOOF Mountain Vew Cemetery.]