Lamona, Lincoln County, Washington
Lamona is situated in Sec 36 Twp 22 R 34, about 13 miles southwest of Harrington along the Great Northern Railroad, and 10 miles east of Odessa. The area originally was called "Parker Station" but when John Lamona built his store and established the post office about 1895, the town site was platted and named Lamona. Lamona had two churches, Lutheran and Methodist, numerous businesses in the pioneer days and a nice schoolhouse. In addition to the public school the Lutheran minister also taught the German children in a separate school.
Photo from the Olga Harms photo album.
Lost photo of Lamona Lutheran Church, Lamona, Washington
Photo provided by Marge Womach
Lamona & Lamona Lutheran Cemetery Obituaries
Lamona Lutheran Cemetery
Both photos submitted April 19, 2004 by Kim Barcewski
Lamona description by Marge Womach